Translate

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Its already April...how did that happen?

It's been a couple weeks since my last post. It seems surreal that my first overseas playing experience is coming to an end. Anyhoo, I decided it was time to update everyone with the latest news from Hungary...here goes:

1. It's officially springtime! Yes, my dear friends, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and the flowers are blossoming. The trees here are absolutely gorgeous, covered in white, yellow, and pink flowers. Living in Florida for the majority of my life, I have only experienced the hot-really hot-hot as hell-back to hot cycle that we claim to be our 4 seasons. Having finally endured my first real winter, I can truly appreciate the spring weather that much more. Niki and I have been spending more and more time outside, just sitting in the sunshine, wearing our fancy sunglasses--to which I have a slight addiction, but its fine--and eating ice cream. Its crazy how many more people seem to live here now that the weather is warmer.

2. Our trainings have begun to wind down. We have our last home match (hopefully) on Sunday against Albrecht MVSC MISI; Wednesday we will travel to Miskoltc (pronounced Meesh-kolts) to play again. Remember: you must win 2 matches in order to win the series. If the matches are 1-1, we return to Bekescsaba to play the final match April 20. We are fighting for 7th place in the Hungarian extraliga, or the top league in Hungary. Many girls, including myself, have been fighting off colds and some viruses, but hopefully all will be well for the matches this week.

Ok, so when I sat down to write this blog, I was sure I would have more than two points to share with my now not-so-captive audience. Whatever, I guess its better than nothing. Really this blog is more to prove to my friends and family I'm alive and somewhat well, having a grand ol' time living abroad. Or to help you procrastinate doing whatever it is you're supposed to be doing with your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment