Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Interview with Dutch Outside-Hitter Ester de Vries

The outside hitter most recently played with the Dutch team Irmato VC Weert and Volleyball Franches-Montagnes of Switzerland. She previously played two seasons at the University of San Francisco in the United States.

 


Ester de Vries is a 23-year-old outside hitter from the Netherlands. We asked her a few questions to get to know her better before she joins us in Gislaved.

What are you looking forward to most this season?
Winning games! And learning and improving in volleyball.

What can you contribute to the team?
My better qualities are at the net. I love hitting, and blocking even more. Besides that, I like to lead by example by working hard.

How long have you played volleyball?
I started playing volleyball at the age of 7. My mom took me with her to her own practices, and I loved it.

Why did you choose to play for GVK?
From what I have seen on videos the team looks great! And I am ready for a new experience, this time in Sweden.

What's the best part about playing volleyball?
Playing in a team, the excitement of fighting for every point and eventually the excitement of playing well and/or winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment